Our Intellectual Property Area practice offers expertise in the field of domestic and foreign trademarks, patents and copyrights matters, unfair competition, licensing and related litigation.
Soley, Saborío, Fallas & Asociados understands that patents, trademarks and copyrights are among the most valuable assets of the companies, for this reason we assign a high priority to the protection of our clients' intellectual property rights.
Our extensive experience in preparing, filing and processing trademarks; the prosecution of patents and copyrights applications for national and foreign clients enables us to assist businesses in protecting their intellectual property rights and defend them from charges of violating the intellectual property rights of others.
We are fully prepared to render the following services:
- Counseling regarding the protection of trademarks, patents and copyrights in Costa Rica.
- Preparing and filing trademark protection, patents and advertising slogans applications for domestic and foreign clients.
- Classifications of the products and/or services to be protected by a trademark, according to the International Classifications of Goods and Services.
- Conducting searches for word, combined and logo trademarks and/or advertising slogans.
- Complying or replying to official actions and interviewing with the Examiners of the Intellectual Property Register, when necessary.
- Preparing, or replying, to oppositions, appeals and requests of administrative revision.
- Counseling regarding the use of trademarks, trade names and patents to avoid forfeiture of the registration due to lack of use.
- Advice regarding agreements involving licensing and/or acquiring trademarks, trade names, patents and advertising slogans, including preparing the required assignment documents.
- Unfair competition and litigation procedures.